Caring Ministries Committee
Caring Ministries provides encouragement, support and love to all our church family. We are particularly focused on keeping in touch with our homebound members and those in other facilities or hospitalized.
Contact Cynthia Pugh, Parish Visitor
- Visiting - Parish Visitor, Cynthia Pugh, and members of the caring committee visit homebound and hospitalized members on a regular basis.
- Caring email prayer chain - Updated weekly. To join the mailing list, please send your email address to email@example.com and ask to be added to the Caring Prayer Chain list. Also, please send your prayer concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday morning for inclusion in that week's email.
- Stephen Ministers - Personal and confidential one-on-one support to members in crisis
- Volunteers - Contact weekly by phone and send cards regularly.
- Sentimental Journey - An annual recognition lunch for our members 80 years and older
- Flowers Delivered at Christmas and in the fall to homebound and hospitalized members
- Communion - Offered at home for those unable to attend regular worship.
Knit One; Pray, Too Group
4th Monday, 10:30 -11:30 a.m.
This group of knitters and knitters-in-training meets regularly on the 4th Monday of the month in the Starmount parlor to knit prayer shawls for women, prayer lap robes for men and prayer bonnets for infants. The various knitware is saturated in prayer and distributed to members and friends of Starmount Church.