Special Offerings

Starmount participates in four Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) churchwide special offerings:


  1. One Great Hour of Sharing (Palm Sunday/Easter) shares God’s love with people experiencing need. Our gifts support ministries of disaster response, refugee assistance and resettlement, and community development that help people find safe refuge, start new lives, and work together to strengthen their families and communities. The Presbyterian Hunger Program receives 36% while the Self-Development of People and Presbyterian Disaster Assistance each receive 32%.
  2. The Pentecost Offering (May) provides a direct way to meet the needs of children at risk, youth, and young adults. Starmount keeps 40% of the offering to support ministry with children at risk in our community. The remaining 60% is used by the General Assembly to provide leadership development opportunities for Presbyterian youth and young adults and supports children-at-risk programs at the national level.
  3. Peace & Global Witness Offering (October) is received by most congregations on World Communion Sunday, celebrated the first Sunday in October. 25% of the offering is retained by Starmount for local efforts, 25% is used by synods and presbyteries, and 50% be used by the General Assembly ministries through the Presbyterian Peacemaking Program.
  4. Christmas Joy Offering (Christmas)is in its seventieth year, the Christmas Joy Offering distributes 50 % of the collected offering to Board of Pensions for assistance programs that provide support to retired and active church workers and their spouses and families. The other 50% supports Presbyterian related racial ethnic education through the National Ministries Division of the General Assembly Council.


The first Sunday of every month during worship, jars of peanut butter are collected. These jars are donated to Greensboro Urban Ministry to feed the hungry.

The second Sunday of every month during worship, Pennies for Hunger are collected. This a time when members can donate specifically to help the hungry in our area. Traditionally, spare change is collected, but any donations are welcomed and accepted! All proceeds go to Greensboro Urban Ministry.

Sign up for our e-newsletter

    • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Called To Worship, Empowered To Serve.

www.revanger.com www.erguvanhaber.com www.erzurumozelders.com www.tekirdagtabldot.com www.gebzesaadet.com www.balikesiryenihaber.com www.ucanbalonmugla.com www.aymaras.com www.buyukorduhaber.com www.ambushm.com www.trabzonpostasi.com www.yalovaradyotv.com www.internetedirne.com www.duzcepark.com www.butuncanakkale.com www.ssgolfhotel.com www.ispartaradyonet.com www.tokathaberi.com www.tokathabersitesi.com www.escortlarrize.net www.sivashbr.net www.sivashaberci.com www.manisaotolastik.com www.yeniyasamgorukle.com www.alanyamado.com www.manavgatx.com