At Starmount, Christian Education never stops and always works hand-in-hand with fellowship. In Bible Study groups and Presbyterian Women’s circles, we are constantly exploring the Bible and it’s applications in today’s society. Connecting with others and God helps us to broaden our perspective on the world and our place and influence in it. To continue your ongoing education in a supportive group, join one of the following:
- PW Women’s Circle
- Men’s Weekly Bible Study
- Nate’s Outdoor Bible Study at 8:30am on Wednesdays
Below are other ways you can connect with others at Starmount to grow in faith and love:
“Move to Improve” Yoga classes are taught by Jennifer Dowler, Starmount member and certified yoga instructor. Check out the class times below and join a class, all of which meet in Room 321. (Currently, Yoga classes are suspended until COVID numbers improve.)
- Chair Yoga: Tuesdays & Fridays, 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- “Out of the Chair” Gentle Yoga: Thursdays, 11:30-12:30 p.m.
- Beginner/Intermediate Classes: Fridays, 9:30 – 10:30 a.m. and Sundays, 5:30 – 6:30 p.m.
- Restorative Co-ed Yoga: Sundays, 6:45-7:45pm Ideal for adults of all ages with stiff or achy joints.
One Church, One Book
This fellowship opportunity seeks to join the church around the reading and discussion of a common book. Some of the recent books we’ve read together are Trevor Noah’s Born a Crime, Lisa Wingate’s Before We Were Yours and Educated by Tara Westover. Extra copies of the selected book are available in the library. To comply with social distancing guidelines, One Church, One Book now meets on Zoom or outdoors when weather permits. Email Mary Jane Conger, our librarian, at firstname.lastname@example.org to join her mailing list for this group.
All who wish gather at a local restaurant for lunch immediately following worship are invited to Just Lunch. A selected Starmount member serves as host each month, selecting the restaurant where everyone will pay their own way and enjoy fellowship with one another over the meal.
Groups are formed for monthly gatherings based on interest. It is a way of getting to know others in the church family while breaking bread together.
Seasonal Fellowship Events
Our Fellowship Committee is always planning fun gatherings for members of our church and their families. Our annual favorites include Starmount’s Got Talent, Mystery Dinner Theater, summer pool parties, church picnics and other special dinners. Even with COVID restrictions, we’ve found ways to stay connected.
- Happy Hour is a churchwide fellowship meeting that gathers via Zoom every Wednesday at 5pm for lively conversaion, games and to share prayer concerns.
- Light Up the Lot is a new monthly event where we gather in the parking lot on a Friday night at 5:30 for music and fellowship. Fire pits are set up and often hot chocolate or s’mores are provided. Masks are required and social distancing observed.